My duties as a Game Designer:
- Paper prototypes and playtests
- Used C++ to set up grid based inventory system
- Set up the character movement and map systems
- Used UMG to create start, options, and game screens
- Created Item management and store system in Blueprints
Pocket Gremlin is an inventory management game. A deep dive into the mechanic of making everything fit into a slot style inventory. Influenced by games such as Diablo and Tetris. This adventure game stars not the adventurer, but the secret gremlin hiding in their pocket. The real mastermind behind every RPG adventurer stowing way too much into their backpacks.
Using Unreal Engine 4, Perforce, and a mix of Unreal C++ and Blueprints.