Design Lead Responsibilities
- Founded and guided the design team through pre-production, prototypes, and into production.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to define and develop the overall vision of projects.
- Mentor to the junior design team in improving the player experience, scripting, and level design.
- Creator and owner of Mayday’s game design documentation across multiple projects.
- Improve communication by creating multi-disciplinary feature groups and team discussions.
- Organize cross-department production processes such as the studio’s level and blueprint pipelines.
- Run internal playtests to identify opportunities for improvements to integrate back into projects.
- Designed game mechanics, systems, and content that realize the project vision.
- Worked on all aspects of the game’s design: concepting, prototyping, game loops, player experience, level design, scripting, and balancing.
- Constructed and iterated on blockouts with a cross-discipline level team
- Worked with production and project lead to create design deliverables