Culture Shock Games
We Are Chicago is a strikingly authentic game for PC/Mac/Linux that strives to portray the harsh realities associated with growing up on the south and west side of Chicago.
This first person 3D narrative-driven adventure game throws players into the life of Aaron who is only a week away from his high school graduation when suddenly his best friend Robert has stopped showing up to school.
As Aaron’s world is unraveling around him, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for him to protect his family and loved ones among all the turmoil facing the neighborhood.
Players will need to uncover what’s going on, who Aaron’s real friends are, and who they can trust while relying on the community around them to help. They’ll explore Aaron’s life and relationships to find out the truth and uncover what really matters.
My duties as Designer:
- Work with vision holder on overall message
- Helped with mini-game design and implementation
- Whiteboxed levels
- Scripted events within the dialogue and levels
- Worked with Environmental Artists to implement their work into the game
- Worked with artists on lighting and times of day
- Implemented the dialogue system that allowed the writer to get his work into the game
- Worked with Audio Designer on the voice over recordings
- Implemented Animators work into cinematic and levels
- Created the credit sequence
- Worked on Linux version
- Showcased the game at numerous conventions