Culture Shock Games
My duties as Game Designer:
- Designed and implemented branching dialogue system with lipsync, emotions, and subtitle system.
- Scripted events within the dialogue and levels.
- Worked closely with subject matter expert interviewees and artists to create a documentary game.
- Work recognized by awards from IndieCade, Xbox, and Indie Megabooth.
- Helped with mini-game design and implementation.
- Blocked-out levels and collaborated with artists to complete 5 environments.
- Worked with Audio Designer on the voice over recordings.
- Implemented Animators work into cinematic, dialogue, and levels.
- Created the credit sequence.
- Showcased the game at numerous conventions.
ROLE: Game Designer
COMPANY: Culture Shock Games
We Are Chicago is a strikingly authentic game for PC/Mac/Linux that strives to portray the harsh realities associated with growing up on the south and west side of Chicago.
This first person 3D narrative-driven adventure game throws players into the life of Aaron who is only a week away from his high school graduation when suddenly his best friend Robert has stopped showing up to school.
Players will need to uncover what’s going on, who Aaron’s real friends are, and who they can trust while relying on the community around them to help. They’ll explore Aaron’s life and relationships to find out the truth and uncover what really matters.