Marvel Avengers Initiative: Hulk
My duties as Game Designer:
- Collaborated with design team on core game loop with a focus on combat
- Created and iterated over prototypes in pre-production
- Worked with engineers to create a smashing good combat system
- Collaborated with team on Hulk’s special abilities
- Blocked out 3 level layouts
- Balanced items and currency
- Supported the Audio Designer and audio implementation
ROLE: Game Designer
COMPANY: Wideload Games
PLATFORM: iOS and Android
Avengers Initiative is an Infinity Blade-like game where the player takes on the role of The Hulk to take down enemies like Wendigo, Zzzax, and the Abomination.
This project was completed with a small team of roughly 20 full time employees. AI won the Audience Choice Award for 2012 from IGN. This highly rated game performed very well for a premium game on the iOS store, retaining a 4+ stars for the majority of it’s time on the App Store. It was released for iOS and Android in 2012 and receieved a Metacritic rating of 77.